Monday, April 11, 2011

acne scars

the nude shoe. the merits of it i get. finding the right shade. not so easy.

for some reason, acne is the only company that manages to get flesh tone just right. maybe it's the fact that they're swedish, and therefore sensitive to my pasty hue. whatever the case, getting my hands on the perfect nude (see: acne) shoe continues to elude me.


this is two-year old iman and she is glorious. after four seasons, it still hurts. the wound, still fresh. while they don't seem nude in the traditional sense, they have just the right amount of gray to actually make my legs look less ghoulish.

i know this because my sister owns these. my sister who lives on the opposite coast. the opposite coast thing is not the deterrent. i just like throwing that in for effect. geography actually plays no part since she wouldn't let me wear them even when she was just visiting. (not because she wouldn't share but because in spite of packing multiple shoes, she chose to only wear this one. this one lovely pair.) no amount of bartering would she entertain and i've tried countless times.

i get it. trust me, i do. i think mourning is just part of the healing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment